Tanya Appel talks with Justin Dombroski, a realtor at CIR. Justin began his love of real estate early joining his family members in the trades on their job routes within the city. Today Justin is a realtor in the Calgary area who prides himself on his knowledge and passion.
What’s happening in the Calgary market?
- There is some downward pressure in some areas
- Great time for new home buyers and people looking to upgrade
- Price drops are happening to houses over $600,000 as homes of this size require 2 incomes or 1 large income.
- Each neighbourhood is being effected differently (micro markets)
Advice for first time home buyers and investment buyers
- Do your due diligence and take your time
- Work with professionals you are comfortable with
- There are lots of deals out there, you just have to know what you’re looking for
- Interest rates are still low, take advantage of this
- It’s a great time to move up. You might lose some on the sale of your current home but you will get a discount on the higher priced property.
Advice for sellers
- Pay attention to the little things on your property. Uncut grass, old paint, and dirty floors can be signs of bigger problems to potential buyers
- Price your home properly. If you price it too high, it can cause a delay in a sale. You might end up paying more on your mortgage than what you are holding out for.
Finding the right realtor for you
- Don’t be afraid to ask about their background
- Someone you’re comfortable with
- Someone with passion for real estate
- Very knowledgable about the property
- Someone who is accessible
Contact Justin Dombroski